Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems that often cause a variety of symptoms such as pain, muscle tightness, headaches, or numbness to name a few. Doctors of Chiropractic use a variety of treatments in their practices to heal patients without the use of drugs or surgery. Chiropractic joint manipulations (adjustments) are what chiropractors are more commonly known for. By mobilizing joints in the spine, neck, and even the hips, wrists and feet, a chiropractor can help correct biomechanical imbalances, alleviate pain, restore normal body function, and boost immunity.
How do chiropractic adjustments work?
- When one joint is locked and not functioning (in your spine for instance) then the other joints and muscles around that spot have to work twice as hard to get their job done.
- The disturbance in normal joint function creates irritation to the muscles, nerves, and connective tissue around that area.
- Mobilization of the joints that are not moving properly can thus correct the initial imbalance and allow the body to heal itself naturally.
- These ‘adjustments’ are especially effective in the spine, where they can often have profound effects on not only the body’s nervous system, but also organ systems as well.
- The types of adjustments used by the chiropractors of Natural Balance Wellness Center are quick, painless, and most people find them to be quite satisfying and enjoyable.
If you are enduring chronic pain, muscle tightness, headaches, or simply not finding the answers for your health concerns please call to set up a consultation with Drs. Matt and Sara Howard. The doctors are qualified in treating a variety of health conditions. They continue to help numerous patients of all ages and backgrounds find relief and to simply feel better.